Bike hire, bike and accessory sales, repairs and servicing, trail maps and advice, drinks and snacks. Everything you need to explore Pencarrow, Baring Head, The Hutt River Trail and beyond!
There's plenty of great places to explore when you hire a bike from us! Check out:
- Pencarrow Head | Evidence of early Maori occupation, along with Pencarrow Lighthouse and amazing views across Cook Strait to the Kaikoura Ranges.
- Pencarrow Lighthouse | New Zealand's first lighthouse, "manned" by New Zealand's first and only female lighthouse keeper.
- Pencarrow / Parangarahu Lakes | New Zealand's last relatively unmodified wetland systems, lakes Kohangatera and Kohangapiripiri are home to a unique selection of native plants, native fish and native birds.
- SS Paiaka Wreck | A small steel-hulled steamer wrecked in 1906, one of hundreds of ships that are buried under the waves or sands along this coastline.
- Baring Head / Orua-pouanui | An important site for Mahinga Kai or traditional maori food-gathering, and more recently significant for its World War 2 bunkers and lighthouse.
- Turakirae Head | Wellington's largest fur seal colony, and geologically significant through its earthquake-raised beaches.
- The Hutt River Trail | Great for families, follow the meandering riverside trail up to its source at Kaitoke.